Dryer Vent Cleaning
Installation and Repair
The consumer product safety commission estimates over 15,500 clothes dryer related fires each year, making dryer vent casualties the leading cause of household fires.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Most people think cleaning their dryer’s lint screen is enough to keep their clothes dryer running efficiently and safely.
The fact is, when airflow is restricted in the dryer vent, lint can back up into the dryer and accumulate around the electronics and heating element. This can create a costly and dangerous situation.
NFPA: The National Fire Protection Association recommendations include:
Once a year, or more often if you notice that it is taking longer than normal for your clothes to dry, clean lint out of the vent pipe or have a dryer lint removal service do it for you. Not only will your home be safer, but your clothes will also take less time to dry and you’ll save on your energy bill.
Why you need regular dryer vent cleaning:
- Eliminates fire hazards. Over 15,500 fires occur each year because of washers / dryers, lint build up being the #1 cause
- Reduces drying time by increasing air flow – Saves money on utility bills
- Extends the life of the dryer – Reduces repair cost
- Prevents carbon monoxide poisoning
- Reduces wear and tear on your dryer
- Prevents mold and mildew buildup
- Saves time
- Dryer fresher clothing
- Eliminates bird, and insect nesting
Your dryer vent needs to be cleaned if:
- It takes longer than normal to dry
- Dryer becomes hot to the touch
- Increased utility bills
- Hot/damp clothing after cycle ends
- Birds / critters have used your vent to nest in
- You notice a burning smell
- It’s been over a year since the last cleaning
Many dryer exhaust systems are neglected, or in many cases even improperly installed creating significant health and safety concerns. By hiring a knowledgeable professional to clean your dryer vents you can feel confident that your dryer exhaust system has been properly serviced. Not only can we clean your vents, but we can inspect your system and measure the airflow to be sure your dryer is venting properly.
Most importantly – give yourself peace-of-mind using an appliance you and your family rely on.
"Awesome service. Matt cleaned my ridiculously long dryer vent replaced parts that were needed. Great customer service! I am very happy and crossed things off my "To Do" list without lifting a finger."